There are two polar opposite ideologies that govern the laws of money and spendingHow Your Money Problems Might Be Something You Can Actually Blame on Your ParentsFor some people, money management seems to come completely naturally, effortlessly balancing their bank accounts, budgeting like its second nature,...CreativeAnthology.com.
Incredibly Selective about their purchases, Diligent Savers, are the very definition of practical, always opting to save rather than spend, impeccably balancing needs with wantsThis is What You Need To Start Doing Now To Get Your Fiscal Sh*t TogetherPushed aside by the brutal balancing act of keeping everything else in your day to day in it's neat and orderly place, it's easy to let your ...CreativeAnthology.com, and usually buying little on a day to day basis other than that which is most necessary to survive.
Serious Spenders, on the other hand, are a diligent saver’s worst nightmare. Haphazardly upgrading to the newest tech at the drop of a dime, carelessly making overpriced purchases with already earmarked funds, and disorderly keeping track of expenses with a shoe-box of stained and forgotten receipts.
As a family made up of a Staunch Saver and a Serious Spender, it can be tough to come together towards the same large-scale financial goals6 Unexpected Things Every Business Woman Needs to Know About Her FinancesWhen you're balancing the twin specters of a career and a social life, the thought of fiscal responsibility and management sounds about as exciting...CreativeAnthology.com.
Whether it’s a busted water pipeThese are the Spending Habits You Need to Break Now to Save ThousandsThere are two polar opposite ideologies that govern the laws of money and spending.
What it feels like when you're plagued by a financial situa...CreativeAnthology.com in the middle of January or an unexpected medical expense at the end of June, developing a simple routine to trim the financial fat now can allow both money managing methodologies to coexist comfortably while
spending saving the difference for later.
These are the Spending Habits You Need to Break Now to Save Thousands
1. Take a Bribe to Unsubscribe – Whether it’s a gym membership that has never been swiped or a pile of unread magazines that now collects dust, unused subscriptions are huge resource drainersThe Savvy Way to Become Debt Free in Less Than a Year Break out your best financial battle plan, and work on your war face. Every Year Millions of People are struggling to overcome debt. From stu...CreativeAnthology.com (especially the automated ones) and should be reviewed Every Single Month. Much like an old boyfriend that you kept in the rotation too long, if you have not used it in three months, make like Frozen and Let it Go.
Creative Tip: If you were super on top of it and already pre-paid for an unwanted subscription through a certain period of time, call the company and ask if they can provide a refund for the unused portion of the subscription. If they won’t, make sure that the subscription will not automatically renew past the pre-paid time period so that you won’t run into this same situation a year down the line.
2. Let me Feed You the Answer – Real Talk? If Fast food “eats” up a large portion of your expendable monthly budget. Make larger meals at home and save the left overs in the fridge or freezer in single sized portions for your family to heat up when you’re away. Set the coffee pot on a timer to start making coffee at home in the mornings and fill up mugs to save on your latte addiction.
Creative Tip: Need a little break from cooking but don’t want to break the bank? If it’s becoming a hectic morning and you’re already thinking you’re going to crave a night off from the stove, order a to-go lunch from your favorite restaurant and save it for dinner. Lunch prices are often half the price of standard meals and allow you to enjoy an occasional treat without losing any sleep.
3. Store it Up – You don’t have to stop shopping for the things you need. You do need to stop shopping at overpriced stores. Try going to grocery stores like Aldi, Shop N Save, and Save A Lot to lower your grocery bill. Don’t worry, Aldi even has an organic section for those of you who are living that healthy lifeThis is The Real Reason Why You’re So BrokeThere are few feelings worse than the panicked pain of living paycheck to paycheck, and once you feel like you're caught in the stranglehold of cru...CreativeAnthology.com. For Deals on Clothing, try researching the outlet stores to your favorite clothing shops. Always shop around for the best deals on appliances and furniture.
Creative Tip: Check Stores like Big Lots, Marshalls, TJMaxx, Burlington Coat Factory, American Freight, and Ross that buy merchandise that other stores were unable to sell before their new inventory came in. They purchase the goods at a reduced rate, then you purchase the goods at a cheaper price than you would at the department store.
4. You Better Shop Around – You might be overpayingThis is The Real Reason Why You’re So BrokeThere are few feelings worse than the panicked pain of living paycheck to paycheck, and once you feel like you're caught in the stranglehold of cru...CreativeAnthology.com for insurance. Your rates can change periodically due to maintaining a good driving record, length of time you’ve had your driver’s license and even your credit score. Check your rate against other companies and pick your fav to see if you can save.
Creative Tip: Always read the reviews on a company before purchasing a policy. Saving a few dollars today is definitely not worth the fight of a cheap company denying your claim tomorrow.
5. Fun Money – A large portion of your monthly spendingThe Savvy Way to Become Debt Free in Less Than a Year Break out your best financial battle plan, and work on your war face. Every Year Millions of People are struggling to overcome debt. From stu...CreativeAnthology.com allowance probably goes into activities and fun. Things like going to the movies, mini golfing, vacations, and other family activities start to add up quickly if you are constantly paying full price. Search Daily Deal sites like Groupon and Living Social for deals on local activities and restaurants offered by companies in your city, often for less than half of the price. For even more savings, search for free activities to do around your city, like flea markets, festivals, parades, and parks.
Creative Tip: A fun way to save your coins without losing your cool is to start hosting alternating potlucks, movie nights, and game nights with your friends and family. It’s an amazing way to create memories that last, while still being able to hold on to your cash.
6. Give it to Me Straight – Everyone gives gifts during graduation season, birthdays and other important holidays. Sometimes, however, we don’t realize the true price that those gifts costThe Fiscal Habits You Need To Start Cultivating Now If You’re Ever Going To Achieve Financial WellnessWhether you’re working your way through college or just plain working, taking the initiative to not only pay for your own way in life but&nb...CreativeAnthology.com our families. Instead of shopping at Expensive department stores or giving large amounts of money, try these tips for saving on the things they’ll love to receive. Great Children’s toys don’t need to be purchased at expensive Toy stores, try your local five below store for colorful toys and decor, fun games and kits, electronic accessories, unique candy, and popular items for kids through college-aged young adults. For Decor Gifts for Mother’s day and Birthdays try Home Goods, Ross, and TJMaxx. For Gifts for Fathers Day and male Birthdays try Marshalls or Burlington Coat Factory.
Creative Tip: If you simply must splurge on a large gift, offset the expense by finding some spare cash. Sell your barely used things on Let Go, Craigslist, or Ebay. You’ll clear out your space and get a little extra spending money for stuff that would other wise go to waste.
PS: If you’ve already got your business up and running, but aren’t seeing the kind of results you once imagined, check out our free, stylishly frank email course Get Your Business Shit Together and start putting your brand back on track.